Soup's On

Dayton registered a "Blizzard Warning" on Saturday. Level 3 Snow Emergency. In otherwords, it was a great day to stay home and make soup. I made my potato soup, one of our favorites: lots of sauteed onion and celery, chunky potatoes, a hint of garlic, bay leaf, and bouillon. Perfect blizzard comfort.

Soup's on in my soul, too. I'm reading three books at once:

THROUGH PAINTED DESERTS by Donald Miller. I question his theology and drool over his writing style at the same time.

THE RELENTLESS GOD by Cecil Murphey. A peek at the honest questioning of a gracious and sincere Christian man.

A SHORT METHOD OF PRAYER & Other Writings by Madame Guyon. A French Catholic who spent time in the Bastille for studying the scripture on her own, teaching people to pray and "smelling like a Protestant," while Mary Ferree was fleeing France for being a prostestant. I wonder if they ever met or knew of each other. It's a very victorian edition, makes me grateful for growing up with the "thees" and "thous" of the KJV.

I don't know how all these will simmer together, but I can tell they will be a rich and aromatic concoction.

WRITING UPDATE: Just plugging away. In the next couple weeks I'll find out if I won a scholarship to the Blue Ridge Mountains Writer's Conference.

Thanks for checking in on me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Outdoor Visitors

I've Got An Insecure Question for You

New Pets